Sr Staff Engineer - RZR
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2431
Requisition Number: 12109BR
The Sr. Staff Engineer provides technical oversight and guidance for vehicle teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical oversight at component, system and vehicle levels.
- Ensures application of Design Standards and Guidelines, in collaboration with Sr. Director of Systems and Design.
- Sign off at ARR, PDR and CDR events.
- Establish, maintain and ensure application of platform architecture guidelines for Safety, Quality and manufacturability.
- Sign off at CSR events.
- Consult with the ORV Test and Validation Team to ensure a thorough DVP&R plan.
- Work with Product Managers and the Vehicle Engineering teams to understand customer requirements and priorities.
- Translate customer input into vehicle specifications and KPCs.
- Participate in Driveability/Rideability Reviews.
- Manage the development of processes and tools to ensure proper infrastructure is in place to be successful in implementation of future corporate goals.
- Identify and deliver tools and frameworks to enable teams to be productive, agile and lean.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Vehicle and/or Vehicle Sub-Systems Engineering
- Experience in leading and executing DFMEA's
- Quality and customer focused.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with cross functional teams, both internally and externally
- Proven mentor and coach.
- Powersports experience or similar riding background desirable
- Fast paced office environment, travel as needed (less than 10%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Staff Engineer - RZR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US