Weld Robot Programmer
Job Number: 1106
Requisition Number: 9284BR
Leadership role within the Welding Robotic Programming Team and welding shop in obtaining the highest possible Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics in robotic welding environment while working in a fast paced production environment.
Positions are available on both 1st and 2nd shift.
Define and/or modify robot systems when quality issues arise.
Support efficient and logical programs and operation techniques that will satisfy robot operators, programmers and engineering teams.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Min 4 year experience as a Robot Editor with basic programming
- Capable of providing recommendations for support of capital projects for new robot systems.
- Capable of using offline programming software.
- Advance understanding of welding processes and variables (i.e. Weld amperage, voltage and travel speed)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide manufacturing support for operations and planners in the area of welding process development
- Oversee robot programming activities of upcoming products
- Responsible for maintenance of the robot systems. Coordinate trouble shooting activities with maintenance and robot suppliers to resolve issues with robotic and mechanized processes
- Support and maintain robotic data collection for trouble shooting, keep accurate day to day maintenance log of robot systems.
- Oversee training of editors and operators across all shifts
- Provide cross functional robotic support to other Polaris plants
- Lead quality improvement projects within welding to analyze and interpret best course of action for improvement
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Weld Robot Programmer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US