Bender Tech (2nd shift)
Job Number: 1328
Requisition Number: 9769BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Perform and continuously improve the process of equipment set up for bending, cutting, and secondary processes as necessary.
- Attain industry leading levels of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Continuous monitor equipment operation to identify and resolve issues timely.
- Maintain constant communication with machine operators in the area to assess possible improvements in terms of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Support and perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure optimal equipment performance.
- Complete start/end of shift preparedness activities to ensure issueless shift to shift handoff of equipment.
- Continuously improve equipment and surrounding environment to yield a 'like new' condition
- Revise production plans to ensure preparedness of tools, teams, and equipment necessary for optimal setup timing and seamless flow of material.
- Identify, remove and repair/replace damaged tooling.
- Respect company safety rules and your specific area or equipment, report any problems with the safe operation of machines and detect unsafe conditions within the facility.
- Participate in the initiatives of the company in the areas of quality, continuous improvement, cost reduction, safety and environmental protection, etc.
- Participate in training of fabrication operators to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
- Perform specific activities assigned by the Supervisor / Manager in your area.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and interpretation of technical drawings.
- Knowledge in CNC bending machines, laser cutting and tube forming processes.
- Experience in Light Speed Interfaces bending / Bend Pro, etc.
- Previous experience using BLM Lasers
- Knowledge in the metal mechanical field
- Manage Windows environment (PC)
- Experience in managing staff.
- Proactive with ability to work flexible schedules if necessary.
- Associates degree in a technical field and/or a minimum of two years of experience.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Bender Tech (2nd shift)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US