Group Lead, Line 2 (2nd Shift)
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 1329
Requisition Number: 9770BR
Duties and Responsibilities:
Productivity, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and remove obstacles that interfere with Operator's standard work.
- Support daily production by quickly containing and escalating problems that disrupt the line.
- Drive continuous improvement. Escalate issues and make improvements where necessary.
- Develop and support quality initiatives within the department to achieve industry leading quality and customer service.
- Document problems for root case analysis and countermeasures.
- Use structured problem-solving to eliminate waste and drive incremental improvements.
- Audit and give feedback on Operator standard work compliance.
- Maintain the Tier-1 Continuous Improvement Board to achieve safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvement goals.
- Direct and execute daily work assignments as mandated by department needs and schedules.
- Establish visual management to improve processes using tools such as 5S.
- Willing to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Run daily team meetings, working with team to improve performance in safety, quality, service, and cost.
- Work with peer leads to manage vacations and call-ins.
- Support consistent operator training to increase process efficiency while utilizing the cross-training maxtrix to develop complete set of skills in your area.
- Provide situational leadership and supervision and support Polaris culture and values.
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees and outside business contacts.
- Participate in employee development, coaching, and mentoring. This will include new operator job instruction training and cross-training.
- Coach operators in lean and the principles & tools of the Polaris Production System.
- Develop trust within employee groups through fairness, confidentiality, and leadership.
- Communicate effectively through all department levels to provide a clear and consistent message in a changing environment.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees throughout department.
- Be flexible and open-minded to accommodate additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and reach overhead.
- Use air/power/vibrating tools and do strong, pincher gripping.
- Stand and walk for the duration of assigned shift.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrate technical skills in business, quality, and/or manufacturing.
- Have a fundamental understanding of manufacturing / backshop environments and processes
- Need the ability to work with systems, including timekeeping systems (i.e. AS400, Kronos), RF/Bar-coding technology and Microsoft Office.
- Be a performance, results-driven individual with the ability to create/sustain strong, positive, vibrant culture.
- Able to balance many demands at once. Can solve problems, make decisions, and plan.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- VWI (Visual Work Instructions)
- Ability to effectively respond to containment & quality related / resolution events
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Group Lead, Line 2 (2nd Shift)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US