Quality Technician, 2nd shift
Job Number: 1367
Requisition Number: 9863BR
Perform technical functions within the Quality Assurance Department providing Quality Engineering with technical information for all aspects of the product manufacturing cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and execute the Part Qualification Request system - review qualification submittals by vendors.
2. Perform dimensional verifications on all in-house and vendor components utilizing various measuring devices such as: Micrometers, calipers, bore gages, faro-arm, hardness tester.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, knowledge of GD&T standard.
4. Work with manufacturing, product engineering, purchasing and vendors to resolve quality concerns in a timely manner.
5. Execute dimensional verification on components or product using other means of dimensional verification such as CAD and digitizing techniques.
6. Perform work assignments per Quality Engineer's instruction and work schedule.
7. Assist in meeting departmental work schedules and company quality standards.
8. Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within department and company.
9. Maintain current technical skills on all technical measuring devices as required.
10. Support work load overtime requirements with minimal notice.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
12. Support/maintain housekeeping objectives within the Quality Assurance department and company.
13. Perform other Quality functions/audits that assist in maintaining the Quality standards of the product.
14. Be a leader in the problem solving process by initiating PDCA projects and help in the containment process and also drive actions to implement solutions.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Technician, 2nd shift
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US