Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 1427
Requisition Number: 9981BR
Perform a wide variety of tasks as assigned, including preparing or building vehicle parts, sub-systems, and components. May work in a department to build subsystems, parts, and components, or on a moving assembly line to install subsystems, parts, and components into a vehicle and perform inspections to ensure good quality. The first section below outlines the essential functions of theoperator job.Operators must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely use and operate various tools including power tools, hoists, and production equipment.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow established processes and instructions.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement process.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Use air/power/vibrating tools and do strong, pincher gripping.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
Skills & Knowledge
- Have a basic knowledge of computers.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Operator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US