EHS Intern - Huntsville, AL
Job Number: 1538
Requisition Number: 10184BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Intern, you will:
- Receive personalized goals and projects that track directly to the needs of the business and allow you to have a hand in key company initiatives.
- Collaborate on cross functional teams in order to design, develop and implement various EHS projects.
- Maintain and develop training programs
- Audit and modify safety processes and procedures.
- Conduct industrial hygiene studies and drive improvement projects.
- Collaborate with engineering design teams in identifying ergonomic issues
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis on EHS and Riding incidents.
- Assist in coordinating Rider Safety efforts
Locations Vary: WI, MN, AL
1. Academic Pursuit: On track to attaining a 4 Year Degree in Environmental Health and Safety Management or similar field
2. Academic Excellence: Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
3. Past Experience: Familiarity with industrial hygiene, rider safety, OSHA regulations, EPA regulations
4. Solution driven: Ability to solve real world EHS problems and apply active process improvement methods
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Intern - Huntsville, AL
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US