Job Number: 1573
Requisition Number: 10323BR
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and standardizes across all the plants and product lines work measurement programs and standards for labor utilization.
- Responsible for coordinating the training of manufacturing and support personnel when implementing new process, equipment or techniques.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facilities layout and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules, to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
- Identifies opportunities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment to optimize the manufacturing process. Establishes standard methods to calculate the workspace requirements and design strategies to utilize the workspace effectively.
- Recognize current safety, quality, and productivity issues and address in new design development, process and technology improvements.
- Works closely with Packaging, Materials and Production planning group to benchmark, document and implement kitting methods, in plant material transportation and line side presentation that enables the right part at the right time in the right quantity. The team will develop, implement and standardize across all the plants and product lines plant material flow methods and techniques.
- Develop manufacturing standard cost model to be used for new products.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements, process improvements and potential capacity.
- Research new processes & manufacturing technologies, coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
- Assists the Operations and Manufacturing team with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives.
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS / MS degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Process Engineering
- 7+ years manufacturing experience
- Process analysis - Takt time vs. cycle time
- Line balance activities on mixed model assembly lines with option configurations
- Process analysis and efficiency improvement activities in fabrication, welding, and paint operations
- Capacity and constraint analysis
- Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimization
- PFMEA development and assessment
- Project management - plan, develop and execute
- Proficient in MTM / MODapts or equivalent (predetermined motion time system)
- Design for assembly & manufacturing
- Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
- Equipment specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
- Equipment and systems budget planning and tracking
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
Business & Leadership Skills:
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
- Highly motivated individual with the passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
- The ability to persuade others to support the company's agenda / objectives
- Ability to travel and support product launches and technical problem solving
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US