Job Number: 1697
Requisition Number: 10555BR
Welding production in a fast-paced and innovative manufacturing environment. Perform Arc and Mig welding on assembly line or work cell as required meeting all quality standards and specifications. (aluminum, stainless and carbon steel) The first section below outlines the essential functions of the Welder I job. Welders must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform welding tasks based on production schedules.
- Inspect all parts prior to and following entering workstations assigned to; immediately report non-conformance issues to group leader and/or Supervisor.
- Perform quality testing and documentation as required.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including: labor reporting, move tickets, SPC charts etc.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Rotate between workstations as assigned.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to nine hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older.
- 1 plus years of industry experience
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports necessary.
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Welder
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US