Staff Engineer - New Product Introduction
Job Number: 1843
Requisition Number: 10877BR
Be a part of the future!
- Lead the drive to successfully launch future Polaris products
- Touch every aspect of Polaris Manufacturing
- Operate cross-functionally and globally leading a diverse team.
- Communicate with all levels of the company
- Enjoy the challenges and opportunities that come with being a part of a Fast-Paced, Performance Driven, and Growing Organization
- Lead a cross functional team of engineers in successfully launching future Polaris products across multiple vehicles and platforms at our new Huntsville, Alabama facility.
- Guide your team of engineers in the critical areas of assembly, weld, and paint.
- Drive quality and safety into product launches through the use of PFMEA and DFA/M.
- Operate as the primary launch lead working cross functionally between assembly plant and engineering teams.
- Identify and Execute capital equipment, tooling, and processes required to successfully launch new products meeting Polaris standards.
- Responsible to provide critical input and support all milestone reviews to management.
- BS/MS in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in a related field
- Flexibility to travel as required [10-20%] to manufacturing and engineering locations both domestic and international.
- Robust technical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting and conveying technical information.
- Process experience with a subset of various vehicle component commodities such as plastics; weld; and painting.
- Strong program management skills with the ability to lead multiple programs at the same time.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally and interface with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer - New Product Introduction
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US