Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 1916
Requisition Number: 11063BR
JOB SUMMARY: Use manual spray system to paint fabricated parts. Help Polaris achieve industry leading quality. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work in paint booth, using manual hand-held spray paint gun to paint parts as they move past on conveyor system. 2. Assist in inventorying and tracking paint usage.
3. Rework of painted parts and assembled unit
4. Assist with preparatory work including but not limited to, hanging and mask production parts.
5. Work well in a team environment.
6. Inspect parts for defects, material for non-conformance.
7. Perform required maintenance on equipment used.
8. Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
9. Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
10. Accurately complete paperwork required for production records. This includes items such as labor reporting, move tickets, SPC charts, etc.
11. Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
12. Complete company provided training.
13. Participate in PCI process.
14. Perform other duties as requested.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. High School or GED required.
2. Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
3. Attention to quality.
4. Previous spray painting experience desired.
5. Promote and utilize TPM, 5 Pillars and PCI.
6. Must be flexible to work overtime with little or no notice.
7. Good communication skills.
8. Trouble shooting capabilities.
9. Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports.
10. Must be willing to continue training and education as requested.
11. Ability to wear air-supplied respirators for up to 10 hours per shift.
12. Meet physical requirements stipulated for respiratory use and work with chemicals involved.
13. Ability to count accurately.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER, RZR and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman and Polaris ACE all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Community / Marketing Title: Painter_2nd Shift
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US