Manufacturing Engineer, Liquid Paint
Job Number: 1988
Requisition Number: 11223BR
Key Responsibilities/Areas of Accountability:
- Develops and updates process documentation and work instructions.
- Supports BOM and Routing development and maintenance.
- Sets labor standards to paint and rework components.
- Anticipates cost avoidance opportunities and the achievement of cost reduction opportunities.
- Hands-on process / tooling troubleshooting.
- Maintain AutoCAD layout of Liquid Paint Department.
- Design part fixtures that maximize density.
- Lead continuous improvement activities and productivity covering all process areas-cycle times, scrap, downtime, machine/tools and energy.
- Train / Coach / Direct Robot Programmers, Process Techs and Operators on the latest problem solving, set-up and processing techniques.
- Analyze process failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Recommend and justify capital equipment.
- Establish spare parts and PM frequencies.
- Maintain and promote a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Work with design engineering on new project start-ups with a transition into production.
- Performing the above-mentioned functions with minimum supervision.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervision or management.
- Understanding of robotic, solvent based painting.
- Possesses leadership abilities and advanced strategic planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and process mapping abilities.
- Has strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with operations and maintenance teams in the plant.
- Takes pride in the quality of their work; has an eye for detail.
- B.S. in Engineering
- 3-5 years Liquid Paint experience
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer, Liquid Paint
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US