Liquid Paint Robot Programmer
Job Number: 1996
Requisition Number: 11242BR
Coordinates programming activity in the tube bend department. Responsibility includes identifying opportunities for new automation, development of skills required to support bend automation. Working with scheduling/engineering to optimize utilization of automation and manage programming function of all bend equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must be proficient in tube bend programming and machine function. Understand how to set up and spec out bender and bend cell
2. Work with planning group to optimize tube bend utilization with changing production demands and planning downtime required for routine preventive maintenance.
3. Work with engineering group in identification of future automation assignments and streamlining of current processes.
4. Coordinate and conduct training and development of Group Leads/ Mfg. Technicians/Operators to support 4-shift operation.
5. Develop strong and positive vendor relationships.
6. Work directly with Advance Engineer to create prototype and production programs to meet design specifications.
7. Design and procure required bend tooling, generate purchase orders and capital requests; assist in capital installs.
8. Develop and maintain tooling standards.
9. Keep updated on part revisions, program editing and file maintenance of bender, tube inspect, and bend tech programs.
10. Develop and verify cycle times and develop cell flow to reduce cycle times.
11. Utilize computer with bender software for problem solving and communication.
12. Must be aggressive in housekeeping in and around bending areas.
13. Participate in the Lean/PCI Process
14. Work in a safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
15. Complete required company provided training.
16. Use constructive conflict to work thru issues with other employees.
17. Perform special projects as assigned.
18. Flexible hours
19. Must be able to fill in as bend tech when needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Must have 3 years bend programming experience as well as tube bending operations.
3. 2 year Machine Tool or CNC programming degree preferred.
4. Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, processes and procedures.
5. Must have strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
6. Must have a basic understanding of MAPICS.
7. Strong oral and written communication and math skills required.
8. Must have good attendance and safety records.
9. Must be very quality conscious.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Liquid Paint Robot Programmer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US