Bender Operator (2nd Shift)
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2020
Requisition Number: 11197BR
|Perform manual duties associated with manufacture of component parts for recreational vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to: Laser Cell, Bender Cell, Secondary Cell and operation of various types of fabrication equipment (saws, presses, drills, etc.)|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
• Maintain a pristine, neat, clean and orderly work area.
• Complete and pass Safety training and required company provided training prior to operating equipment/machinery.
• Perform duties assigned by supervisor in department assigned.
• Use of essential tools including electric, manual and air tools.
• Use of essential measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Safe operation of all machines/equipment essential in performing duties assigned.
• Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including labor reporting, SPC charts, scrap tags, production logs, etc.
• Operators will be required to perform basic set-up operations and ensure part quality.
• Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
• Perform special projects as assigned
• Utilize overhead crane and or forklift - training will be provided
• Operators must be able to work overtime with little to no notice to support the needs of the business.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• HS diploma or equivalent
• One year of experience in a manufacturing fabrication environment
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• CNC (Machine Controls) experience desired
• Work well in a team environment and independently
• Ability to read and understand routings, drawings and production reports
• Ability to count accurately and follow instructions
• Ability to work overtime and weekends, as production schedules require
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Bender Operator (2nd Shift)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US