Project Engineer- VIP
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2033
Requisition Number: 11304BR
Primary focus will be to execute cost reduction (VIP) projects; these VIP projects will require the individual to lead, direct and monitor design and development work from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified time schedule. Close alignment with the new product development and manufacturing team is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, lead, and implement VIP cost savings by working cross functionally with the engineering, purchasing and manufacturing teams. Integration of those VIP savings must align with existing projects and have the approval of those project teams. Any change must meet the quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements of the original parts/subsystem.
- Direct the programs using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
- Manage the team to develop innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BSME or BSEE Engineering Degree required.
- 3+ years of engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer- VIP
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US