Assistant General Counsel - Litigation
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2096
Requisition Number: 11404BR
Responsible for the oversight of dockets covering a wide variety of disputes, including subject matter expertise in Liability, Personal Injury, and Commercial litigation. Provides strategic litigation oversight to support business objectives. Identify and manage risks to the business, and serve as trusted advisor and business partner to the Executive team providing advices on a broad range of legal and strategic matters. Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and managerial courage, emotional strength and maturity, and excellent business partnership and relationship-building skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage strong Corporate Litigation strategy that meet the needs of the company and minimizes reliance on external legal resources
- Represent and defend the Company and its affiliates in courts of law; collect facts and evidence, try cases and perform other litigation tasks. Assist in the handling and management of litigation against the company, including investigating merits of claims, negotiating and resolving claims and preparing necessary resolution documents;
- Actively manages and partners with outside counsel on litigation matters
- Negotiate, review and draft a wide variety of general corporate agreements (non-disclosures, vendor agreements, employment agreements, development agreements, licensing agreements, etc.) and transactional agreements
- Develop, prepare and present case theories and strategies, including eDiscovery strategies, as well as a range of acceptable outcomes, working collaboratively with internal clients and outside counsel where appropriate
- Develop and manage litigation budgets, including eDiscovery, attempting to identify efficiencies and cost savings where possible
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and accurate with ability to establish plans, manage a large and varied workload of assignments with conflicting priorities, follow up, and complete work by deadlines.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 10+ years of experience related experience as in-house litigation counsel
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities & meet short deadlines, and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Able to effectively manage projects and make quick, innovative decisions to resolve problems; results oriented and able to roll-up sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks
- Strong advocacy, negotiation, interpersonal, legal research and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new areas of legal subject matter
- Corporate office environment
- Potential for travel
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant General Counsel - Litigation
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US