Analyst, Network Security
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2150
Requisition Number: 11552BR
The Network Security Analyst will plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures for the protection of enterprise computer networks. This role will specialize in endpoint security including servers, vulnerability management and application assessments. Ensuring appropriate security controls that will safeguard digital systems and vital infrastructure on premise and cloud hosted environments. The position will also respond to and manage security incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform web application vulnerability assessments and reporting using web application assessment software. Also using centralized vulnerability scan engines to assess operating systems, network devices, databases and applications
- Perform real-time web application protection against SQL injection attacks, malicious bots, zero-day attacks, data loss and defacement protection and any other Web Application attacks that exist.
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities found in application code, such as SQL Injection vulnerabilities.
- Design reviews, sometimes spanning the detailed application level, the database level, and the network level
- Work with developers and systems analysts to improve the security of new product offerings
- Design and implement security analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Strong project management skills including coordination, organization, documentation and communication abilities.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively.
- Provide technical assistance and direction to other team members.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5 years professional experience and at least 3 years focused on security and vulnerability analysis.
- CISSP and GIAC GSEC certifications preferred
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with WAF management and vulnerability scanners preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Be able to work in a global organization supporting multi-language and multi-cultural environments.
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst, Network Security
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US