Sr. Global Trade Compliance Specialist, Tariff Classification
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2270
Requisition Number: 11770BR
Senior Global Trade Compliance Specialist, Tariff Classification
Polaris is seeking a qualified tariff classification expert. The ideal candidate has a deep working knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and possess the ability to understand and apply the general rules of interpretation (GRIs), section notes, chapter notes, and Customs rulings.
The Tariff Classification Senior Specialist will work closely with and provide guidance to classification staff located globally. This person should be analytical and perpetually seeking to understand how things work, skilled at successfully arguing and defending accurate classification positions, as well asdrafting, submitting, and monitoring ruling requests.
- Act as a critical resource to global team by interfacing with Engineering and Program Managers to develop classification rationales for specific products as the subject matter expert and provide input on classification decision tree
- Advise business units on alternate product design or sourcing options to minimize import duties; assist in landed cost analysis
- Drive accuracy and consistency through the oversight of the classification audit program, SOP development and training employees on classification and regulation issues
- Oversee large scale classification projects to assess consistency of classifications across product lines and regions including mass global tariff classification updates
- Research and determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification for the US, CA, EU, NO for finished goods, parts and accessories, garments, raw materials and non-production items
- Research and draft binding ruling requests for various global Customs agencies
- 3 years HTS classification experience
- 4-year degree
- Strong communication and organization skills
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Global Trade Compliance Specialist, Tariff Classification
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US