Senior Product Compliance Engineer - Motorcycle
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2454
Requisition Number: 12167BR
Actively maintain product certifications for on-road motorcycles as assigned. Lead on-road compliance system initiatives and support overall Polaris product compliance department initiatives as assigned. Implement new motorcycle regulation requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtain and maintain regulatory certifications of Polaris on-road motorcycles including Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot brands, as assigned.
2. Ensure motorcycle compliance with NHTSA, US EPA, CARB, Transport Canada, Environment Canada, EU type approval, and other requirements.
3. Participate in periodic compliance project status and continuous improvement meetings with the team.
4. Escalate motorcycle product compliance issues to compliance department manager.
5. Implement motorcycle requirements for new products and international markets, and support integration of new motorcycle product lines from mergers and acquisitions.
6. Plan and coordinate with engineering, product management, and manufacturing to incorporate regulatory requirements in product specifications and validation plans.
7. Provide input to Polaris industry association technical committee representatives as requested and stay informed of new requirements.
8. Conduct and support product development process (PDP) and part release system (PRS) compliance reviews and prepare required deliverables.
9. Maintain and support development of automated compliance systems.
10. Support tracking of pre-certification units and emission-related defects.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
M.S. degree in Engineering or technical field with a minimum of 5 years of product compliance experience, or a B.S. degree with 7 years of product compliance experience. Ability to communicate effectively with global partners. Motorcycle enthusiast.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Compliance Engineer - Motorcycle
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US