3rd Shift Material Handler
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 2528
Requisition Number: 12129BR
Transport materials and product from, to, and within department assigned. Process various inventory transactions while maintaining 99% inventory accuracy for your area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Use forklift to move materials and product within department as instructed. This may include steel coils, dies, baskets and containers, vinyl, welded components, etc.
2. Load and unload trucks at shipping and receiving docks as instructed.
3. Verifies part numbers, quantities, and purchase order information against packing slips.
4. Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
5. Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
6. Accurately complete paperwork required for production records. This includes items such as labor reporting, move tickets, SPC charts, manifests, etc.
7. Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
8. Operate Radio Frequency equipment to transact inventory.
9. Cycle count inventory and research problems.
10. Process small parcel (UPS) shipments and receipts.
11. Complete company provided training.
12. Process outbound shipments and inbound receipts.
13. Pick boxed merchandise from warehouse.
14. Print bar code label to identify product.
15. Operate forklift out-of-doors in a scrap dumping operation.
16. Audits the warehouse inventory to reconcile locations against computer files.
17. Investigates inventory discrepancies and concludes the most probable cause of errors.
18. Prepares a daily report of audit results.
19. Keys all warehouse inventory adjustments.
20. Assists with statistical samples.
21. Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
22. Participate in PCI process. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. High School degree or equivalent.
2. Ability to operate numerous forklifts: electric stand-up, electric sit-down, L.P. and side load, in a warehouse environment.
3. Ability to communicate well with others.
4. Ability to read and understand routings, work orders, manifests, and production reports.
5. Ability to count accurately.
6. Certification as Polaris forklift driver highly preferred.
7. Ability to take instructions and work with little supervision.
8. Ability to operate overhead crane.
9. Ability to use MAPICS computer software.
10. Ability to work in a changing environment.
11. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
12. Team Player with focus on customer service and quality.
See Human Resources
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: 3rd Shift Material Handler
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US