2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2580
Requisition Number: 12430BR
JOB SUMMARY: This person will provide day-to-day; leadership and supervision in the achievement of productivity, schedule attainment, quality and Employee Health Safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coach and support area of responsibility
• Daily communication and coordination with teams, other supervisors and departments. Direct work assignments in accordance with the production schedule- plans and organizes activities of the production/assembly line to meet production deadlines.
• Monitor housekeeping (5 pillars) and correct safety issues.
• Ensure compliance to environmental, productivity, quality and health& safety standards.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects
• Prepare and adhere to department budget
• Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed
• Prepare and maintain production reports and records- taking corrective action when necessary
• Coordinate departmental maintenance and engineering needs
• Responsible for inventory analysis
• Order and purchase necessary equipment or materials for assembly or production.
Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in BS Mechanical or other technical engineering degree is desired or 3-5 years experience with production supervision.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2 years of industry experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED: Outstanding leadership, influence and communication skills Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple operations High integrity
WORKING CONDITIONS Fast-paced manufacturing environment.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US