Mgr, Export Compliance
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2811
Requisition Number: 12882BR
Polaris is seeking to fill an Empowered Official role within a dynamic Trade Compliance organization. This individual will be expected to manage the company's export compliance program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Obtain, maintain, and monitor applicable export authorizations (ITAR agreements and amendments, EAR licenses, exemptions/exceptions).
- Determine export jurisdiction and classifications for products (end-products, systems, parts, components, and accessories), technical data, software, and defense services.
- Assure that transactions comply with government export control regulations and internal procedures for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, and export shipments.
- Interact regularly with and provide operational support and guidance on export control compliance matters to internal stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and implement standard work related to compliance with U.S. and foreign export control laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and administer denied party screening activities and exports.
- Prepare and verify essential export shipping documentation and filings (commercial invoices, shipper's letter of instruction, EEI filings in AES) in accordance with regulations and internal procedures.
- Interface with brokers, freight forwarders, and internal stakeholders to manage and resolve export shipment transactions and issues.
- Engage with U.S. and foreign government officials on efforts related to export controls compliance.
- Develop and deliver presentations, including export general awareness training, program/function specific export training to audiences of varying size and composition.
- Support various cross-functional projects impacting to export transactions.
- Serves as company's Empowered Official.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement advanced export control policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Experience writing, maintaining, and monitoring ITAR Agreements and EAR licenses.
- Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR).
- Proficient in commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations and making determinations regarding applicability of exemptions and exceptions.
- Ability to think strategically in order to achieve near- and long-term compliance program goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to advocate company positions to U.S. and foreign government agencies and to positively interact across levels throughout the corporation.
- Familiarity in foreign export/import control regimes (e.g., Canadian Controlled Goods Program, Australia Export Control Act, U.K. Export Control Act).
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, Export Compliance
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US