Agent, Purchasing Sr
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2812
Requisition Number: 12869BR
As a Sr. Purchasing Agent, you will be responsible for strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader Commodity Strategy. You will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness. You will also lead cross-functional teams by evaluating and utilizing team's skill sets to increase or achieve results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Identify and establish new supplier relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris.
- Lead development and implementation of supply agreements and LTAs (to be signed by Purchasing Manager or above).
- Responsible for supplier selection and maintenance of the RFx matrix for their commodities.
- Responsible to propose supplier onboarding and exits to Purchasing Manager and implement when approved.
- Initiate RFx for new parts and part revisions to approved suppliers based on defined commodity strategy and propose supplier selections for assigned commodity.
- Determine supplier capability and fit based on inputs from commodity team and other cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate the implementation of cost reduction projects, supplier exits, and tool transitions.
- Manage cost, schedule, technical, and drawing release status of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Commodity Strategy that supports plans and goals. Establish the multi-year vision for the commodity taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
- Establish both short (1 year) and long-term (3 years+) cost reduction approaches for assigned commodities to align with budget and LRP commitments.
- Utilize tools like: fact based negotiation, should cost modeling, and competitive market analysis to initiate cost reduction projects. Establish contractual commitments to ensure longer-term cost savings to meet departmental goals.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 6+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.) required. Cross functional project management and/or commodity management experience.
- Proven track record of strong, effective leadership.
- High level of critical thinking and analysis to resolve high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems.
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- Advanced knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge of commodity markets, with capability to analyze data and develop strategies that incorporate macroeconomic indicators.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to operations leadership and at time executive leadership.
- Knowledge of project management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 20-30% travel required, including international travel (Europe and SE Asia primarily)
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Agent, Purchasing Sr
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US