Commercial Sales Manager, South Central US
Location: Open, US
Job Number: 2830
Requisition Number: 12914BR
The Commercial Sales Manager will developand maintain strong dealer relationships to meet and exceed sales objectivesthrough a regional commercial dealer network.The sales manager will be accountable for increasing sales and marketshare, developing and upgrading the dealer network, and projecting a professionalimage on behalf of Polaris. The salesmanager will influence and partner with dealers to achieve targeted territoryplans and execution of strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner daily with commercial dealerships to strengthen relationships, build influence, drive sales, deliver Polaris and dealer profitability and improve the end user experience.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and develop countermeasures when needed
- Report issues, opportunities, status and sentiment of dealer network to leadership
- Conduct dealer training on sales process, product features and capabilities, and competitive overview
- Identify new commercial dealer opportunities within region, support dealer addition and termination process.
- Support the on-boarding process for new dealers inclusive of critical systems, standard operating procedures, and sales and service processes
- Work with dealers in defined territory to ensure progress toward sales quota achievement for all products; develop countermeasure plans when necessary
- Strategically influence dealer sales activity through business discussions to secure alignment on territory plan execution
- Identify target markets and specific commercial customer opportunities within defined region
- Partner with dealers to actively and aggressively pursue market opportunities, including individual and joint sales calls, sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Fully utilize a CRM system to manage sales pipeline; regularly report sales funnel opportunity to leadership team
- Assist dealers and internal stakeholders with execution of customer demos, trade shows, other events at dealership and remote locations
- Manage/communicate territory customer issues - work cross functionally to ensure teams are communicating and working toward resolution
- Support dealers in building and sustaining an after-sales process
- Bachelor's degree in business with an emphasis in sales or marketing required
- 4+ years of sales experience. Commercial (B2B) sales strongly preferred
- 2-step distribution experience required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven track record of driving results in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of dealers and the channels in which they operate
- Proven ability to motivate and engage dealers to collectively achieve strategic initiatives
- Analytical and sales oriented - able to develop business cases/value propositions, as well as strategic sell-in with dealers based on market opportunity and profitability measures
- Detail-oriented with organization, communication, project management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- Self-confidence and track record of success professionally managing difficult conversations under contentious circumstances
- South Central US Location necessary - Dallas, TX; Oklahoma City, OK; St. Louis, MO; however, other South Central US locations with major airport accessmay be considered
- Remote/home office environment, with travel
- Extensive travel required within territory, up to 75% of the time
- Reports to Director of Sales
About this location
The Polaris Commercial, Government and Defense team is the business unit within Polaris tasked with providing vehicle solutions to Business-to-Business and Business-to-Government customers. The Commercial Sales Manager is one of five regional sales managers who partners with our dealers to provide commercial mobility and material handling solutions through our commercial product portfolio, including Taylor-Dunn industrial and commercial vehicles, GEM electric Low-Speed Vehicles, and Pro XD work utility vehicles. Polaris offers vehicle solutions for virtually any application, with the most durable and versatile family of commercial utility, work and passenger vehicles build for off-road, on-road, and industrial applications.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Sales Manager, South Central US
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Open, US