Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3269
Requisition Number: 13934BR
Polaris sources millions of castings every year. They release new designs of at least 100 castings every year. This position is on an established team based in Wyoming, MN who assist Polaris Program leaders, Engineering, Quality and Purchasing to ensure Polaris design and purchase world class castings. Polaris sources aluminum and magnesium high pressure die castings, ductile iron sand castings, semi-permanent mold aluminum castings and steel investment castings. The scope of this position includes all castings although the primary focus would be high pressure die castings. Training is readily available for any casting process when additional learning is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of a team who are the go-to technical resource for any castings designed and purchased by Polaris
- Communicate information professionally, quickly, and clearly to audiences with varying technical backgrounds
- Perform design for manufacturability assessments on new casting designs and prints
- Help determine the best material and manufacturing process recognizing the functional requirements of the part
- Perform should costs estimations on new parts
- Critically assess supplier tool designs, simulations and sampling through the new product development process
- Lead casting related continuous improvement activities within Polaris
- Analyze field problems, recommend possible solutions and visit suppliers when needed to resolve issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years practical experience in cast tooling design and/or cast process engineering
- High pressure die-casting experience is a bonus
- Desire to learn
- Able to solve technical problems
- Not afraid to multi-task
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action
- Works to a high standard
- ProE or similar CAD experience
- Competent using Microsoft office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Casting Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US