Manufacturing Operations Intern Summer 2020
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3468
Requisition Number: 14315BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Operations Internship program is a 12-week program designed for future leaders who seek a culture built on innovative, passionate and collaborative individuals. As a Manufacturing Operations intern you will participate in projects aligned with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Safety and Lean teams.
Manufacturing Operations internship assignments could include (but are not limited to):
• Analyzing and evaluating manufacturing methods and standards.
• Providing solutions to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost
• Developing and updating process documentation and procedure instructions
• Supporting day to day assembly line activity
• Assisting in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment
• Supporting lean initiatives
• Identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects
- Interns are typically placed in any of the following locations: Osceola, WI; Roseau, MN; Spirit Lake, IA; Huntsville, AL; and Wyoming, MN.
Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on graduation date eligibility.
Polaris offers both financial housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify. Intern responsibilities include:
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending Polaris' Development Training in Minnesota as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2020)
- Geographic flexibility
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Operations Intern Summer 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US