Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Intern/ Co-op Summer 2020
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3470
Requisition Number: 14325BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
Our Polaris EHS Internship is an ideal way to gain hands on experience within Environmental, Health & Safety. You will have the invaluable chance to watch what you have learned in school come to life through real world project work at one of the most dynamic companies within the power sports industry. Through your experience you will have opportunities to expedite your knowledge of the business, develop innovative solutions to real challenges and build a network of Polaris employees. Our 12-week internship, or extended co-op assignments, offer value-added deliverables that have a direct impact on our business.
As an EHS Intern, you will:
- Receive personalized goals and projects that track directly to the needs of the business and allow you to have a hand in key company initiatives
- Collaborate on cross functional teams to design, develop and implement various EHS projects
Projects can include:
- Maintaining and developing training programs
- Auditing and modifying safety processes and procedures
- Conducting industrial hygiene studies and driving improvement projects
- Collaborating with engineering design teams in identifying ergonomic issues
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis on EHS and Riding incidents
- Collaborating with Worker's Compensation lead and companies to build databases and reports for corporate feedback
- Partnering with Facilities team to conduct site audits and maintain annual training records
EHS Interns are typically placed in any of the following locations: MN Twin Cities Metro, Spirit Lake, IA, or Huntsville, AL.
Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on graduation date eligibility.
Polaris offers both financial housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify. Intern responsibilities include:
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending Polaris' Development Training in Minnesota as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health and Safety Management or similar field
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2020)
- Geographic flexibility
- Familiarity with industrial hygiene, rider safety, OSHA regulations, EPA regulations
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
- Able to solve real world EHS problems and apply active process improvement methods
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Intern/ Co-op Summer 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US