Analyst, Demand Planning
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3487
Requisition Number: 14347BR
Leads the development and execution of Off Road Vehicle sales, inventory & operations plan (SIOP). Develops highly accurate & consistent retail forecasts used to support wholesale ship planning that is integrated with dealer inventory profiles. Key member of ORV Retail Flow Management (RFM) implementation, including processes to support deliveries within lead-times. Partners with manufacturing to develop & execute FG inventory & build flexibility plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the monthly ORV Sales, Inventory & Operations Plan (SIOP)
- Uses trends, promotion inputs, competitive info and Mgmt input to develop a consistently accurate retail plan
- Responsible for the analysis, execution, and consolidation of regional rolling forecasts
- Integrates dealer profiles, order forecasts and dealer inventory targets to develop the wholesale ship plan
- Communicates worldwide ship demand plan to manufacturing to drive build requirements
- Communicates retail, ship & build plan including risks & opportunities to ORV leadership
- Leverage JDA software to optimize all aspects of SIOP process
- Lead weekly flexibility review for ORV
- Provide and analyze data on weekly retail, order, ship trends, lead-times, and service levels
- Lead the process to increase / decrease weekly flex builds and colors
- Work with Manufacturing to identify and communicate changes
- Develop & Execute FG inventory / flexibility plans with manufacturing & ORV management team
- Determine flexibility needs required to support RFM service levels
- Communicate N.A. FG inventory plan to finance and ORV management
- Assist ORV operations & sales team by regularly providing and analyzing data on:
- Retail / order / ship forecasts; dealer inventory & DSO analysis; FG Inventory & target analysis
- Other projects as they come up
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years' experience in business analytics
- Demand planning / forecasting experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team, cross-functionally and independently
- Ability to lead through ambiguity by demonstrating strong analytic, strategic, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Proven track record of organization skills and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- High proficiency in Excel
- Standard office environment.
- Some travel
- Location - Bass Creek (Headquarters)
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst, Demand Planning
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US