Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 3566
Requisition Number: 14538BR
BUYER JOB SUMMARY: Manages the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet expectations for quality, delivery, cost, and technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for managing the quality performance of suppliers.
• Manages the purchase price and total acquisition cost of out-sourced components and coordinates the implementation of cost reduction opportunities. Conducts make vs. buy analysis. Prepares and solicits requests for quotes and proposals.
• Supports product development from concept stage to production.
• Guides the selection process of suppliers to be considered for new projects and facilitates early involvement of suppliers in design development.
• Identifies new product and process technologies and facilitates introducing the organization to suppliers that may possess new or superior technical capabilities.
• Leads negotiations and problem resolution discussions with suppliers and ensures the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
• Coordinates and communicates new component releases and design changes with suppliers.
• Monitors supplier capabilities, lead-times, and capacity to ensure on-time delivery of components to support production schedules. Supports expediting deliveries from suppliers as required.
• Responsible for submitting requisitions for tooling expenditures in accordance with established procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or technical area desired ).
• APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous Materials/Purchasing experience is a plus but is not required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Effective negotiation, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Proven strength in working effectively cross-functionally.
• Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
• Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
• Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
• Fast-paced office environment.
• 5-25% travel may be required
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Buyer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US