Business Relationship Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3588
Requisition Number: 14543BR
The Business Relationship Manager serves as the strategic interface between assigned business units or functional areas for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, business operations and relationship management. The BRM serves as a link across the business and D&IS at the management level. The BRM provides high valued, strategic consulting-level support and guidance throughout business strategy development and the delivery of D&IS initiatives. They communicate priorities, business needs/case, initiative outcomes regarding BU requests, projects, initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and present opportunities to build competitive advantage by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business units. They partner with BU Leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities to prioritize projects based upon ROI, strategic connection and regulatory/compliance need.
The BRM serves as the "Trusted Advisor," and is the primary D&IS point of contact to assigned business line executives and management. They operate as a key business contact representing D&IS in promoting D&IS services and capabilities. The BRM provides support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business.
The BRM focuses on strategic initiatives and planning activities for their business area. They strive to understand market challenges including customer priorities and issues related to the competition. They are proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are by nature driven and provide significant value to the BUs they support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Collaboration (40%)
- Act as the key liaison across assigned business units and the Digital & Information Services function.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities in relation to current and future business objectives
- Understand business long range plans, strategic and tactical goals or objectives
- Meet regularly with internal and external stakeholders to develop unique insight into business issues and needs.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and effectiveness of current solutions.
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Develop the business case and initial business and investment needs for new solutions and offerings
- Assists in the review of IT requests, and their subsequent negotiation and prioritization based on value and ROI.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budget for respective business units.
- Communicate and provide information to maintain effective working relationships between the business unit and D&IS. This includes status of project work & issue resolution.
- Measure and report on technology issues, opportunities and project investments. Includes the development, monitoring and reporting of business lines and vendor Service Level Agreements - SLA's (productivity, stability, quality measurements and standards) as required.
Business Enablement (40%)
- Develop and implement solutions roadmaps to ensure successful introductions across the organization with customers.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create a shared vision of respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and for managing product phase-in/phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and maximize the positive impact to the assigned BUs or functions.
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet internal and external customer needs.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business organizational change plans.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understating of business economics and financial resources.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility
- Deliverables include process aligned D&IS BU strategic plans, capability implications, system application diagrams, transaction and master data flows outlining the connectivity between modules and across platforms, application roadmaps, as well as other artifacts to deliver end to end process capabilities.
Technical Leadership (10%)
- Recognized as top level expert with significant in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in their in the end-to-end capabilities supporting assigned business units
- Possesses broad knowledge of technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources
- Anticipate changes within the company and the technology industry and provide recommendations to GBU and D&IS Management.
- Externally monitors emerging technology and explores new technologies and services to meet GBU needs.
- Participates in technical architecture; buy vs. build decisions; drives software development methodologies
- Drives continuous improvement to D&IS processes, technologies, and applications
- The ability to assemble an unstructured set of business needs and data points into a sensible execution approach e.g., planning.
- The ability to create structures to support or accomplish a plan or achieve an outcome.
- Through verbal or written communication, the ability to set the tone for their areas by demonstrating - through their actions - norms for team behavior.
- The ability to track and understand what is happening, what needs to happen, and who and what are available to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams to ensure GBU deliverables and objectives will be met. The ability take charge and orchestrate work, make decisions and drive the actions necessary to achieve desired results.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong organizational / management skills
- Ability to plan at strategic and tactical level
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building
- Ability to lead people and develop teams
- Power sports, automotive and or consumer goods manufacturing.
- Agile development techniques e.g., Scrum, SAFe a plus.
- Advanced technology capabilities e.g., CI, CD, Automated testing.
- Specific software packages and functions e.g., Dynamics AX, CRM, ERP, WMS
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in CS or MIS, Business or related field required. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of technical delivery and/or project management experience; the ability to manage complex work across multiple teams and locations, serving a variety of needs
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Interest and passion for technology
- Drives operational excellence
- Nimble LEAN thinker
- Technical mindset and aptitude
- Problem solver
- Performance driven
- Learning orientation
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Relationship Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US