Communications Intern Summer 2020
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3676
Requisition Number: 14720BR
Communications Intern Summer 2020
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility, in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Corporate Communications internship is a paid 12-week program designed for students seeking a culture built on innovative, passionate and collaborative work. This opportunity commences Summer 2020 and may extend to 10-20 hours a week as through the remainder of the school year, with flexibility to work remotely.
As a Communications intern you will:
- Support internal newsletter editorial planning and content creation
- Write, edit, and distribute various forms of external, employee, and dealer communication
- Manage external editorial calendar
- Assist with Polaris press room
- Perform other tasks as assigned
This internship is located north of the Twin Cities in Medina, MN.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week
- Proven strength in the following areas: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, inter-personal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint)
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Communications Intern Summer 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US