Project Engineer - Manufacturing
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2280
Requisition Number: 11800BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate the justification and completion of all capital requests, and track activities and expenditures to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Prepare periodic status reports for management communication.
• Supervises internal support and outside contractor firms to ensure projects adhere to all safety guidelines, building and environmental codes.
• Develop and maintain layouts of the plant facility and create layouts to support special project and planning exercises.
• Ensure that technology and equipment brought into the facility are compatible with support functions and inventory plans.
• Evaluate new technologies and methods to assist facility in meeting flexibility and productivity goals.
• Initiate, develop, and communicate improvement opportunities to management.
• Actively participate in the development of department tools and procedures to improve the quality of communication and participation of our customers and management.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• B.S. degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required with a PE license preferred.
• Experience managing project budgets and timelines in an industrial environment.
• Project experience with industrial process implementation and material handling systems preferred.
• CAD drafting experience is required.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - Manufacturing
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US