Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2581
Requisition Number: 12427BR
Leads, directs and monitors design and developmentprojects from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified time schedule. This includes BOM cost and budget management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program. Warranty and field issue resolution is also included in this job role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the program.
- Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved. Work cross functionally with stakeholders to drive critical decisions and approvals
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support accessory and service part planning and execution.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems, warranty and production issues and recommends or facilities possible solutions as required.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Own and track project and program finances including labor tooling and expenses. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- May typically lead a large program or multiple smaller programs.
- May directly supervise Project and Sr. Project Engineers depending on project and program scopes assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Engineering Degree required, MBA a plus.
- 5 or more years of program leadership, project management or engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to and interacting with senior leadership and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff. Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Note: Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US