Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 2745
Requisition Number: 12758BR
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defines manufacturing strategy for engine and/or drivetrain kitting, material flow, & warehouse areas based on business case justification.
- Define, Determine, and manage necessary capital, expense, and tooling budgets to manage specific engine and/or drivetrain kitting, material flow, & warehouse areas
- Manage, define, procure and implement capital, expense, and tooling spend for engine and/or drivetrain kitting, material flow, & warehouse areas.
- Define, update, and align to standard processes and procedures.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify and then procure new tooling, fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost utilizing APQP & lean processes.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Works with New Product Introduction teams to ensure manufacturing process supports and meets business needs.
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Able to communicate with all levels and positions
- Presentation experience
- Understanding of financial metrics & measures
- Proficiency with PC's.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States without requiring Sponsorship
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US