Senior CAE Engineer, Driveline Dynamics
Location: Novi, Michigan US
Job Number: 2851
Requisition Number: 12966BR
Provide technical leadership and engineering support in the area of vehicle dynamics to enhance the Polaris corporate strategy in this critical area of Off Road Vehicle design. Actively participate with design teams to develop world class chassis system designs.This position reports to the ORV CAE Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Dynamic Analysis; use MBD tools to predict the complex dynamic response of powersport vehicles and systems.
2.Knowledgebase Creation; including the development of ride and handling procedures,methods, and metrics.
3.Test Data Analysis; Understand design performance through test data analysis.
4.Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and CAE model development
5.Technical Leadership and Mentoring;Lead other team members in the areas of dynamics and vibration. Generate technical / design solutions.Provides technical leadership and consultation across all levels of the organization. Participate in peer group activities. Polaris technical representative to the external environment.
6. Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
7.Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to the architecture selection and target setting early in design.
8. Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems,including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities. Technology development.
- Vehicle Dynamics: Complete knowledge of the vehicle dynamics topic for off road vehicle and other recreational vehicles, including overall vehicle architecture and systems engineering principals. Understands technical principles and can apply these for the benefit of the business. Includes regulatory and technical standards review and writing.
- 10+ years with BS in Engineering, 7+ years with MS highly desired.
- Expert level skills in MBD tools to predict full vehicle and systems interactions.
- Test methods, test methods development, and data post-processing.
- Has good working knowledge in the durability, performance, safety, and NVH attributes.
- Experimental / numerical data correlation, MBD model validation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively with teams. Ability to work in diverse and co-located teams
- A diverse experience in CAE software.
- Firsthand experience with off road vehicles and product knowledge in the area is a definite plus
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior CAE Engineer, Driveline Dynamics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Novi, Michigan US