Service Technical Representative – Motorcycles/Snowmobiles
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2889
Requisition Number: 13050BR
Provide industry-leading service support to Polaris dealers and customers through technical problem resolution, product training, and acting as the voice of the dealer technician to field and internal departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides telephone and electronic case support for technical product support and warranty claim authorizations
- Assists dealers with vehicle troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair assistance
- Participates in technical service team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Leads projects and cross functional teams as needed
- Conducts in-person dealer visits as needed to resolve technical vehicle concerns
- Assist in the development, review and feedback for technical service manuals, videos, team tip articles, bulletin information, part numbers and repair procedures
- Assists with specific model service manuals, photo research, diagnostic and testing development
- Conducts flat rate time studies for warranty flat rate manuals
- Provide internal support to Dealer Support, Warranty, Customer Service and all other internal customers as required.
- Works directly with end users on escalated case resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Science or related field desired
- Strong mechanical aptitude in powersports and/or automotive
- Three to five years of customer service experience
- Experience in project management, analytics, budgets, labor allocation and scheduling
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
- Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide recommendations for resolution
- Excellent leadership skills and tract record with ability and desire to take on a larger leadership role in the future
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and typing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts, ideas and technical terminology.
- Standard office and shop environment - fast-paced
- Some vehicle repair work and travel required
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Technical Representative – Motorcycles/Snowmobiles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US