Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2910
Requisition Number: 13066BR
Polaris Industries, Inc. is currently looking for an Applications Manager within their Information Systems (IS) department located in Plymouth, MN. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will be responsible for working with IS and business users to lead the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (D365FO / AX) team on a journey of digital transformation at Polaris. Theprimary focus for the next two years will be to upgrade International AX2009 system to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and assisting with an ERP conversion for a US based legacy ERP to D365FO. The Applications Manager will manage a small local team located in Plymouth and will provide work direction for a global matrixed team. The Applications Manager will be responsible for a team that will oversee the analysis, design, development, configuration, implementation and support for AX2009, AX2012 and D365FO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Microsoft D365 Finance and Operations / AX for Polaris
- Developing staff work plans and schedules, setting priorities, soliciting input, providing direction, mentoring and managing performance, setting performance goals, and ensuring high quality customer service and on-time delivery of agreed deliverables
- Work collaboratively with Solutions Integrator to define solutions for business processes
- Perform analysis of, and make recommendations for the improvement of existing information systems and perform ongoing reviews of new technologies and industry standards
- Define and maintain the technology and deployment roadmap of Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- Contribute with new ideas / processes that will improve workflow and efficiency
- Identify, define and develop key measurements and develop the process to collect metrics for monitoring
- Produce and review reports demonstrating the overall health of the supported applications and ERP program
- Provide business impact analysis and communicating the impacts to management
- Lead and execute small to large sized projects related to the business application objectives
- Manage vendor relationships for software solutions
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Development, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in an Applications Manager role supporting custom applications and ERP systems
- Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 experience or other relevant experience in SAP, Oracle, Infor
- ERP upgrade or implementation experience
- Experience working with medium to large matrixed team in a global environment
- Experience managing multi-year, multi-million dollar projects
- Skilled in being a strong team player, i.e.; flexible, collegial, and enthusiastic
- Ability to effectively execute tasks while under pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Prior technical / applications development experience
- Sales and logistics experience
- Omni channel experience (retail, web, call center)
- Experience managing medium to large matrix teams, preferably at large organizations
- PMP Certification
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US