Sr Human Resources Generalist
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota US
Job Number: 2961
Requisition Number: 13180BR
In this role, you will be part of the HR team supporting our rapidly evolving distribution network within the Parts, Garments and Accessories Division. This role will have direct responsibility for Polaris' largest distribution center located in Vermillion, South Dakota. As the primary HR business partner for the facility, this role will partner with site leadership to establish and execute strategic objectives, to ensure high level performance around Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This role will lead HR vision and goal setting for the facility, while also partnering with the broader HR team to drive alignment across the DC network. This role requires experience in a broad range of HR functions including; recruitment and selection, talent management, compensation and benefits, training and development, change management, and employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership and execution of site HR activities including; interviewing and selection, policy enforcement, orientation and training, new hire processes, and employee relations
- Contribute to building the DC network HR strategy and lead execution to achieve high-level results
- Partner with the business to drive accountability around employee performance standards including in the areas of safety, productivity, and quality
- Identify employee and organizational needs on an on-going basis and coach management to respond to these needs Facilitate change, lead strategic initiatives, and successfully manage complex projects
- Lead processes to identify, attract, reward, develop and retain a high quality, high performing workforce
- Continue to improve best practices and standardization around onboarding, training and organizational development Maintain a development focused culture that enables succession planning and retention of high potential talent
- Continue to drive a positive work environment and high employee engagement, including issue resolution, training, development and coaching
- Counsel employees regarding duties, career development, benefit programs, policies and other employment related questions
- Lead and council leadership on employee relations issues and corrective action steps in disciplinary issues
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual HR metric tracking and reporting
- Ensure management consistency and compliance to federal and state employment laws
- Represent Polaris in the community and foster positive community relations
- Provide planning and support for all college recruiting efforts for early in career talent, in coordination with the central university recruiting team
- Lead initiatives that foster diversity in the workplace
- Other projects, initiatives and duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required; Masters' degree in Human Resources or related field, or MBA, preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources required
- Previous experience supporting distribution, warehousing, or manufacturing strongly preferred
- Understanding of core HR processes, employment laws and related procedures
- Sound judgment with the ability to integrate HR practices into business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build credibility with executive management, operations leadership and employees
- Strong customer focus and excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with HRIS system-based software and experience with payroll administration required
- Warehouse and office environments ·
- Travel required, up to 15%
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Vermillion which is nestled in the southeastern corner of South Dakota just minutes away from the Nebraska and Iowa borders. Vermillion is the perfect place to settle down and raise a family as well as excel your career. It's a small, comfortable, safe, University community that offers various recreation activities including bike paths, four city parks, an 18-hole golf course, hunting, fishing, Division 1 college sports, and much more. If you're ready to become part of a team that operates a world-class distribution center, look no further.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: South Dakota
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Human Resources Generalist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vermillion, South Dakota US