Maintenance Tech I
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 3047
Requisition Number: 13378BR
Perform preventative and on-demand maintenance and repair tasks in support of Liquid Paint robotic paint application equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complete defined preventative maintenance tasks on schedule and budget.
· Support training and development of other technicians.
· Assist other Liquid Paint technical staff with projects.
· Develop detailed work instructions for maintenance and repair tasks in coordination with Process Technicians.
· Provide support and involvement in developing and implementing preventative maintenance schedules on equipment.
· Maintain and record accurate parts inventory including preparing purchase requests.
· Maintain clean work environment.
· Regularly report issues identified and project status to Liquid Paint technical staff and leadership.
· Participate in continuous improvement and 5S activities.
· Ability and willingness to work overtime as required; \"on-call\" duty may be required over holidays and weekends.
· Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or GED
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical prints.
· Ability to read and understand equipment manuals.
· Ability to read and understand torque specifications.
· Ability to use a variety of computer software packages.
· Must have exceptional mechanical abilities.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Must demonstrate leadership potential and have effective communication skills.
· Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
· Must be able to work at heights of 30+ft.
· Must be able to work in confined areas as needed.
· Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Tech I
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US