Senior CAE Engineer - Systems - Novi, Mi
Location: Novi, Michigan US
Job Number: 3162
Requisition Number: 13698BR
The CAE Systems Engineer willbe responsible for analyzing the overall vehicle system and sub-system performanceand supporting the specific hardware/software requirements and interfacedefinition. Work with the other systems owners and technical leads responsiblefor components to ensure their control/hardware designs meet the system level requirements.Involved with the latest hardware/softwaretechnology in the Polaris vehicles portfolio for both current and futurevehicles. Work with a high-performance team and will be responsible fordirectly affecting the quality, durability and performance of future vehiclesmanufactured by Polaris.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Early Integration; Analyze the integration of components within the powertrain/chassis system and perform early tradeoff analysis to determine optimized design parameters. Balance vehicle level requirements with system/sub-system requirements.
- Attribute Engineering; Ownand maintain the overall vehicle system characterization. Support technicalreviews with suppliers. Represent and control interfaces in the system DFMEAand boundary diagrams. Assist functional groups with the creation of DVP&R'sbased off requirements.
- System Analysis; Makedesign recommendations and suggest countermeasures for optimizing vehiclerange, energy usage and duty cycle. Ensure proper thermalsystem balance for specific hardware. Provide input for risk mitigationstrategies and recommend design changes when needed.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Champion system design strategies amongst the engineering design teams, component engineers and control systems architects. Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
- Standard Practice; Contribute to the development of technical specifications and design requirements. Work in a team based peer group environment to drive continuous improvement.
- Methods Development; Implementation ofcustomer focused Polaris specific analysis processes and best practices. Analysis automation, tool selection andcontinuous improvement.
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Skills with 1-D system tools, AMESIM, GT-Power and or similar system level tools.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of automotive energy storage systems, powertrain and mechanical/electrical hardware.
- Strong understanding of multi-disciplinary systems, Mechatronics experience preferred.
- Strong overall knowledge of the vehicle development process, including experimental correlation and product validation. Strong working knowledge of product safety and quality principles.
- Strong problem solving skills, adapting any and all tools for data based decision making.
- Strong, clear communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites. Communicate across global cross-functional design teams.
- 3-5 years' system design experience.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior CAE Engineer - Systems - Novi, Mi
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Novi, Michigan US