Powertrain Data Analyst - Wyoming, MN
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3181
Requisition Number: 13738BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measure quality metrics for assigned projects. Assist Project Leaders in developing quality plans and tracking progress.
- Collaborate with various teams to develop and execute analytical approaches to identify and track potential emerging issues through data analysis
- Perform data review and analysis to identify and classify potential safety and quality issues
- Identify opportunities for work optimization and lead process improvements and dashboard development
- Support standard and ad-hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Clearly communicate analysis findings, summarize results and provide recommendations to varying levels of the organization
- Gather, analyze, track and report on warranty and other consumer quality information
- Support continuous improvement of quality tracking and reporting methods to reduce data analysis time and improve communication effectiveness. Work with engineering to assure quality lessons learned are captured, documented and incorporated into their specifications and validation plans.
- Participate in key project milestones. Includes Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews as well as participate in Service Rapid Response Meetings.
- Network with other quality engineers to review best practices.
- Support program technical needs (domestic and international travel can be required).
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMTES:
- 3+ year of experience in technical or analytical role, Powertrain experience preferred
- B.S. in Engineering, preferred
- Experience establishing and implementing quality metrics for product development.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience in structured problem-solving methods preferred (i.e. 6 Sigma, Red X).
- Knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to FMEA, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems
- Prior experience in data queries, analysis, and report generation
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, data visualization tools (PowerBI, DAX/PowerQuery) and SQL for use in handling preparation and processing of large datasets is preferred
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Data Analyst - Wyoming, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US