Marketing Manager, Indian Motorcycle
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3186
Requisition Number: 13735BR
Lead the development, execution, and measurement of paid media, content, brand program, and retail marketing plans that build brand equity, awareness, and retail conversion. Work with the Marketing Director on the development of brand strategy, positioning, and creative. Lead consumer research and business analysis in partnership with the analyst team. Play a key role in long range brand strategy development, rider insight development, and competitive analysis. Lead 1-3 key brand programs, including racing, cause marketing alliances, and celebrity partnerships. Manage day to day deliverables for digital, media and creative agencies. Manage 2 direct reports and serve as key point of contact for paid media and creative agencies of record.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an annual digital marketing plan inclusive of website, social media, and email platforms. Set annual and monthly KPI targets and manage performance accordingly. Serve as key interface with creative and content agencies. Express brand positioning and key programs through digital platforms.
2. Manage paid media strategy, plan development, and execution. Manage plan to achieve monthly and annual KPI targets. Serve as primary point of contact for media agency. Partner with Product Line Sales Manager to adjust media plan based on retail sales, competitive, and internal operational data.
3. Develop retail marketing strategy, planning and execution. Leverage innovative thinking, creativity, and customer empathy to express the brand at retail and increase customer conversion. Set and manage retail marketing KPI's. Serve as key marketing point of contact for sales organization. Lead thinking on retail marketing strategy and communicate key insights across broader Polaris marketing organization.
4. Lead all product launch and commercialization efforts, including paid/owner/earned launch plans, dealer and staff training, and retail looks of success.
5. Work with Marketing Director to develop brand creative campaign expressed across paid, owned, and earned media channels. Serve as key point of contact for brand creative agency. Contribute to development and refinement of brand positioning, customer segmentation, and long range brand planning.
6. Lead development of consumer insight research plan that will guide brand strategy and positioning. Work with creative agency of record and research vendors to execute consumer research, interpret results, and incorporate into brand strategies.
7. Partner with cross functional teams to analyze business performance, develop insights and develop countermeasure recommendations. Serve as thought leader in weekly business performance reviews. Implement countermeasures with speed and precision.
8. Lead paid/owned/earned execution of key brand programs, including racing, brand partnerships, and content series communicating key brand equities.
9. Develop and cultivate brand partnerships with external organizations and individuals, including: Cause marketing
10. Serve as primary point of contact for creative agency of record, paid media agency, and social media agency.
11. Supervise and track budgets for retail, digital, social media, paid media, and experiential marketing functional areas.
12. Build and Enable and Highly Motivated and Capable Team both with direct reports and across the organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
2. 5+ years relevant sales and marketing experience
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Proven track record of organization skills, project management and analytical skills
5. Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
6. Ability to demonstrate innovative approaches to solutions or problem solving
7. Ability to build and manage relationships
Standard office environment; domestic and international travel for brand planning sessions, dealer meetings, and agency summits. Travel up to 25% of days worked.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Manager, Indian Motorcycle
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US