Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3196
Requisition Number: 13754BR
Lead development & execution of Risk Mitigation activities for team project management deliverables, including scope, timeline, risk, and communication. Work with other Project Management Leaders across category and implementation teams to provide holistic view of program status. Coach and Continuously improve the project management processes for team transitions and defined work implementation. Identify and share lessons learned across teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan,manage risk mitigation strategies, andlead related projects and ongoing initiatives
- Work closely with other Project Management Leaders, Program Manager, Category Leaders, and Implementation Leaders to ensure all aspects of the project are successfully completed
- Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards
- Report out on risk mitigation progress through assigned programs
- Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Inspection Characteristics (KICs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Assist Suppliers to maintain 100% PPAP compliance for all Preproduction builds and Production builds
- Drive use of effective Problem-solving skills.
- Facilitate identification and sharing of lessons learned & best practices across teams.
- Perform production readiness assessments (PPAP reviews) at supplier facilities for high risk suppliers/components. Report readiness status and action plans on deficiencies
- Perform special projects asrequired, including: lean Business process development and value add engineering projects
- BS degree in Engineering required. Preference for BSME
- Minimum3 - 5years' experience in supplier quality or quality engineering
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Visio skills
- Experience in project management and use of project management tools.
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP) preferred
- Strong problem solving skills. Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to PPAP, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Fast-paced office environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US