Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3221
Requisition Number: 13812BR
Responsible for setup and execution of product fitment, testing,validation, and certification activities for Kolpin new product introductions. Worksclosely with engineers/designers to manage development and validationactivities to ensure that final products exceed customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform fit-up and testing of Kolpin products on OEM ATVs and UTVs for current and new product
- Develop test procedures necessary to conduct performance, function and durability tests.
- Conduct and/or lead effort to complete development, validation, and certification tests.
- Support project/design teams in determining development and validation issue root causes and provide potential solutions.
- Must be detail orientated, able to keep good records, and write test reports.
- Effectively communicate test results & provide recommendations
- Operate and set up test equipment and software; Record an analyze test data.
- Perform maintenance and change or modify machines to prepare for testing.
- Manage Kolpin build area and associated assets such as test equipment; lift, maintenance, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
- 2 or 4 year Technical degree in electronics, automotive/ag technology, or similar field preferred.
- Hands on prototype fabrication skills such as drill press, press brake, metal cutting, welding, etc.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software / calibration / testing tools.
- Data collection and analysis experience required.
- Strong computer and electronics skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid drivers license required; Must be capable of operating ATVs and ORVs.
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Powersports experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years mechanic, technician, or technologist experiencepreferred
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US