Sr. Project Engineer/ Liaison International ORV
Location: Monterrey, MX
Job Number: 3235
Requisition Number: 13846BR
Responsible for coordinating key activities between Monterrey Manufacturing, Opole, Poland Engineering and North America Engineering teams. This includes BOM management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support production on engineering related issues. Report issues back to Engineering and support issue resolution.
• Identify and resolve engineering related vehicle production problems on a daily basis to maintain production schedule.
• Support Quality Assurance on problems relating to part qualifications, tolerances and dimensional requirements.
• Assist in the review of qualification reports to determine final acceptance or disposition of manufactured and purchased parts.
• Assist in the implementation of part and structure changes to improve the manufacturing process and commonality.
• Work with Manufacturing and Purchasing to determine resolution on deviation requests.
• Support receiving manufacturing location for new engines, participate in PFEMAs, Manufacturability reviews and supplier selection reviews.
• Develops project development schedules including preproduction builds, milestone reviews, and identifies the critical path tasks for the program
• Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
• Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function.
• Monitors resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
• Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• B.S. Engineering Degree or Manufacturing Engineering
• Experienced in Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving Technical Issues
• Knowledgeable in Vehicle Assembly and/or Chassis Welding
• Skilled in reading engineering drawings (specifications, KPC's, GD&T)
• Experience in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Project Engineer/ Liaison International ORV
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Monterrey, MX