Powertrain Sr. Project Engineer - Wyoming, MN
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3246
Requisition Number: 13871BR
JOB SUMMARY: Leads, directs and monitors Powertrain ( Engine & Transmission) design and development programs from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specified time schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages simultaneous small tolarge scale programs that are 1-3 years in length with significant financial investment
- Leads cross-functional Powertrain program team(s) to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the program
- Directs the Powertrain program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process; knowledgeable in the gated process
- Accountable for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics
- Leads the assigned Powertrain team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes; collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate
- Monitors the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution and drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success
- Drives the development testing as required through technical leads to analyzes problems and recommend possible solutions
- Monitors resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success
- Assists functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications
- Coaches and develops project leaders, engineers and engineering development associates
- Works with technical team to define and develop program budgets and manages programs spend to maintain program budget and forecast per PDP timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required 5 or more years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background, ideally in powertrains
- Experience in the application of project management tools and methodologies
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, including written and oral
- Strong ability to manage by influence
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with peers across the organization
- Decisive and prone to action.
- Must be quality-oriented and customer focused
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Sr. Project Engineer - Wyoming, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US