Systems Analyst / Sr. Developer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3258
Requisition Number: 13882BR
|Job Summary: |
This role is primarily responsible for analysis, design, development and support of Web Applications and APIs in the Sales, Service, Manufacturing and Marketing Domains. The person in this role will effectively partner with project managers, architects and application developers in defining business processes and writing functional and technical specifications to meet the needs of the business. The candidate will also contribute to projects by using their Microsoft .Net development skills. A fast-paced, innovative environment encourages new applications to use the latest technologies. This role will allow the candidate to grow in their career by learning new technologies via research and collaboration with Polaris SMEs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
System Design, Validation and Implementation
• Transforms business and technical requirements into software design
• Leads in producing deliverables including database layouts; application interfaces mock-ups
• Documents functional design specifications/user stories and communicates with software developers
• Leads team to resolve questions and issues during development cycle
• Defines test cases and scripts (in certain projects)
• Performs system testing and leads user acceptance testing cycle (in certain projects)
• Oversee implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live
Gathering Requirements and Analysis
• Analyzes current and future state business processes
• Evaluates alternatives and defines a recommended system approach
• Leads in producing deliverables including business process flows; use cases; and storyboards
• Facilitates project and administrative meetings
• Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
• Insures compliance with SOX
• Work with analysts and project managers to make changes to existing web applications written in VB.NET, C#, Java, Angular and using Microsoft SQL Server database.
• Assist in web development with the new web applications written in C# .NET using Visual Studio 2012
• Develop applications to current web standards
System and User Support
• Provides day-to-day application support to Portals and Business users
• Troubleshoots production issues and provides resolution
• Understands technology and systems infrastructure
• Completes minor software programming modifications
• Trains users on system processes and changes
• Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in a Web Application designer role, performing system analysis and writing specs or user stories
• 3+ years of experience in web application development working with highly-scalable web applications using Visual Studio and.NET
• Experience in working with Web Services/APIs
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
• Strong written and verbal communication. Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical audience.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Experience writing Complex SQL queries
• Working knowledge of EPI Server
• Proven experience in delivering in an on-site / offshore model
• Past participation on teams run with Agile Scrum methodology by writing User Stories
• Cloud/Hybrid Cloud experience, especially Microsoft Azure
• Highly prefer exposure to D365 for Sales (aka D365 CRM)
• Knowledge of AS400/iSeries and/or D365 for Finance and Operations (aka Dynamics AX) is a plus
• Experienced with Marketing, Sales, Service and Manufacturing business processes
• Experience in Java or Angular technologies.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Analyst / Sr. Developer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US