Sr. Layout Designer
Job Number: 3289
Requisition Number: 13962BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates own work as well as communicates through regular updates using Microsoft programs (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Designs, develops, and executes new programs meeting all of the requirements set forth in the contract or scope of work.
- May work in a lead role, providing guidance and assigning tasks to less experienced team members.
- Supports styling (ID), purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure the components are meeting the required specifications - Lead meetings/discussions to ensure appropriate DFM (Design for Manufacture) requirements
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify GD&T and adherence to company or Industry standard practices.
- Analyzes design options, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined; or, generates design concepts with layout indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions.
- Determines tooling requirements and method of tooling components.
- Use CREO design software to model, design, and document engineering data.
- Develop/design procedures for parts, assemblies, and layouts.
- Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the product planning group.
- Take part in frequent benchmarking activities and incorporate lessons learned into designs
- Establish and effectively communicate design requirements early on for Industrial Design team and work through solutions with ID to achieve a feasible concept
- Competent in design methodology for multiple manufacturing processes
- Perform other miscellaneous project related assignments such as BOM development and prototype procurement
- Ability to understand, manage, and communicate the system level tradeoffs between different concepts
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Two year degree in mechanical drafting and design technology
• Minimum of 7 years design/drafting experience
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Working Knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
• Design experience with castings, injection molding, plastic, tube design, and complex stampings
• Proven track record and extensive experience on CREO modeling software and Windchill Data Manager
• Experience in a model year based production environment
• Direct design experience with components and systems; Powersports related is a plus
• Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction.
• Must be able to successfully work on multiple projects at one while prioritizing work accordingly.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
•Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
•Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
•Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Fast paced environment, focusing on design for cost (DFC), design for weight (DFW), and design for manufacturing (DFM). Travel as needed (up to 20%).
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Layout Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage: