Motorcycle Powertrain Calibration Technologist
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3307
Requisition Number: 13985BR
Indian Motorcycles, one of the most iconic motorcycles in the world is recruiting for a Motorcycle Powertrain Calibration Technologist to develop and validate engine control systems. Specific focus on engine calibration development in vehicle applications. Work with the Lead Calibration Engineer for successful engine application and integration into the vehicle. Assists in creating project plans, engineering procedures, requirements, and specifications to ensure thorough definition and testing for engine control system development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help create and specify test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct powertrain performance and control system development testing on Polaris vehicles.
- Collect data and assist in developing calibrations for engine mapping of air charge, open loop fuel delivery, transient fuel, ignition timing, IAC/throttle control, speed and power limits, closed-loop fueling and chassis functions where applicable.
- Help develop pre-production engines / vehicles to ensure program(s) meet all government mandated emissions regulations with Polaris-specified margins.
- Conduct testing aspects of engine and vehicle development projects: Execute test criteria, systems requirement specifications, assist in creating test plans and schedules.
- Participate in vehicle group development processes to ensure that drivability metrics, applicable limits, test procedures, certification requirements, are achieved.
- Test new or improved engine components, develop engine integration and work very closely with the design and hardware groups. Prepare and present formal documentation as required.
- Calibration and end-of-line support for specific engine production testing at engine and vehicle assembly plants as required.
- Records test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. Research alternatives, and implement solutions to meet powertrain objectives.
- Interact and direct resources at multiple Powertrain and product group engineering sites. This includes the ability to travel up to 25% of time to areas in the continental U.S.
- Perform Hands-on repair / rebuilding small engines or automotive engines as required
- Other duties as assigned.
· BS engineering degree with a minimum of 2 years of engine testing and calibration development related experience. Knowledge of how engines operate.
· Fluent with Microsoft Office software, data analysis tools including Concerto, Matlab, etc.
· Experience with ETAS/INCA, ATI/Vision, Simulink, ASCET, and vehicle CAN
· Experience developing SI emissions control systems (closed-loop, catalyst, ETC) preferred
· Able to work in a team environment proficiently.
· Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
· Experience operating motorcycles, have motorcycle license
· Hands-on experience repairing / rebuilding small engines or automotive engines preferred
· Able to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Fast paced testing and field environment
· Travel as needed (~25%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Motorcycle Powertrain Calibration Technologist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US