Weld Science Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 3315
Requisition Number: 14005BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Trouble-shoot and correct dimensional issues and analyze poor weld penetration root causes.
· Directs / guides robot editors and related staff.
· Programming of New tooling platforms and current platforms to Polaris manufacturing standards
· Responsible for coordinating with suppliers and maintenance in the resolution of robot machine and welding process problems
· Develop and implement new manual and automated welding processes with ability to recommend and specify equipment details.
· Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
· Defines tooling and fixtures used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
· Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solutions to problems adversely affecting operator safety, quality, productivity, and/or cost.
· Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reductions, work cell development and material flow improvement.
· Qualify and develop new welding specifications.
· Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts.
· Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
· Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
· Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
· Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
· Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
· Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
· Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· B.S. in Weld Engineering, Weld Technology or Mechanical Engineering.
· AWS certification required.
· 3-5 years of Robotic programming experience using GMAW process is desirable and strongly preferred.
· 3-5 years of Applied Weld Engineering experience required.
· Extensive knowledge in the GMAW process.
· Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
· Excellent verbal and written skills required.
· Proficiency with PC's (MS Office) and CAD software.
· Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanic skills.
· Hands-on individual with detailed trouble shooting capabilities.
· Understanding of SPC.
· Strong Project Management skills.
· Desire to work on, ride and improve industry-leading powersports products.
· Fast-paced manufacturing environment with high technology driven processes
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Weld Science Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US