Advanced Welding Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 3315
Requisition Number: 14005BR
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends project status meetings and design reviews for the respective product line(s) focusing on commonality, reduction of parts, and ease of assembly. Advises design on lead times, part and tooling cost impacts, and the impact on labor costs for all new designs. Assists with the definition of internal process limitations as well as design limitations with the assistance of Quality Engineering.
- Research new process/manufacturing technology and coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
- Reviews preliminary product designs. Assists in making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts.
- Reviews and evaluates the sourcing of parts pertaining to the production unit. Recommends alternative sourcing where appropriate.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards problems. Provides solutions that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost, and researches methods and procedures for cost reductions.
- Assists in the coordination of detailed, complete, and accurate capital equipment studies. Makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Work with the project engineers to develop estimates of part costs and tooling as well as make recommendations on material and processes for internal components.
- Assists manufacturing engineering and manufacturing team with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives.
- Product Launch Activities
- Plant Layouts
- Engineer Change Control Activities
- Interprets CMM data to make weld fixture adjustments.
- Assists in developing weld fixture PM schedules.
- Assists in developing set-up and changeover procedures.
- Recognize current production problems and address in new design development.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, or Welding Engineering or Technology
- 7+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge is strongly preferred
- Weld tooling and fixturing design
- Ability to read and interpret weld prints with GD&T
- Ability to analyze parts and fixtures using 3D modeling software (Solidworks preferred)
- CMM data analysis with multi-axis references (Polyworks software preferred, CMM and Faro Arm past programming experience preferred)
- Understands SPC to determine process capability
- Allen Bradley PLC experience is a plus
- Certifications or Working knowledge of AWS-CWI, AWS-CWE, AWS Weld Codes
- Robotic Weld Programming experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MIG (GMAW) welding standards and procedures
- Works independently with moderate supervisory direction
- Ability to maintain reliable attendance and punctuality
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Positive attitude with a focus on solving problems in a team atmosphere
- Proficiency with PC's (Microsoft Office) and CAD software
- Can edit BOM's and Routings in AS400 and Powerlink
- Able to write queries in Excel or ShowCase to analyze data
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanic skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Desire to work on, ride and improve industry-leading powersports products
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment with high technology driven processes
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20>
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Welding Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US